- Our School Nutrition Program complies with federal, state and local requirements.
- Our School Nutrition Program is accessible to all children.
- We provide and promote nutrition education.
- We encourage meaningful physical fitness activities for all children.
- All school-based activities are consistent with local wellness policy goals.
- Recommend that all foods and beverages made available on campus (including vending, concessions, a la carte, student stores, parties, and fundraising) during the school day are consistent with the current Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Insure that all foods made available on campus adhere to food safety and security guidelines.
- Provide a school environment that is safe, comfortable, pleasing, and allows ample time and space for eating meals.
- Insure that food and/or physical activity is not used as a reward or punishment.
- School Nutrition Association
- USDA Food & Nutrition Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- National School Boards Association
- National PTA
- Action for Healthy Kids
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Research and Action Center
- Elementary/Secondary School Principals
- National Association of School Nurses
- USDA Cooperative Extension
- National Dairy Council
- Society for Nutrition Education
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
Wellness Policy 2018-2019
The USD #417 Wellness Policy for 2018-2019 by building level (reevaluated on an annual basis):
USD #417 Wellness Committee Members by building level:
PHES: Krista Wilson, Cindy Zimmerman, Blake Gehring, Valerie Gehrer, Becky Shearer, Dana Reddick
CGES: Amy Finch, Terry Griffith, Kelcy Bremer, Becky Shearer, Heather Honas, Linda Kelly, Jennifer Wilkens, Dana Reddick
CGJH/HS: Anita Mahanay, Kate Gronquist, Bruce Hula, Amanda Braun, Matt Wilkens, Kelly McDiffett, Becky Shearer, Marita Bachura, Dana Reddick
Community Members: Deidre Knight, Brenda Kirk, Candra Good
District Office Members: Kelly Gentry and Aron Dody
Note: Pages will open in a new browser window. External pages are not endorsed by Morris County USD 417.